Third Party Credit Hire (Non-Protocol) - Insurance Claims
Our client, a Times Top 30 major UK insurer, is looking for an experienced motor insurance claims handler to join their Credit Hire team, handling non-protocol credit hire claims. The successful candidate will have a track record of proactively managing a caseload of third-party motor claims and the ability to agree Indemnity and complete Liability negotiations with Credit Hire Companies and Insurers. The individual must possess strong Telephony and Customer Service skills. Experience of handling Credit Hire claims is essential. Personal Injury claims is desirable.
You will be responsible for handling a portfolio of motor claims from initial report through to conclusion. The goal is to swiftly determine liability and pro-actively handle the credit hire element of the claim to ensure the claim is settled effectively. There is an opportunity to be rewarded with an annual bonus. We offer a blend of home and office working with a pattern of 1 day in the office per week (once probation passed)
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their innovative, dynamic and agile way of working.
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 depending on experience
Location: once passed probation, you'll work one day a week at one of the following locations: Manchester, Whitstable, Tunbridge Wells, Chelmsford or Haywards Heath.
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Managing claims caseload in accordance with the claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including "treating customers fairly" principles).
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through pro active use of the telephone making outbound calls, good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
The ideal candidate:
- Working knowledge of Motor claims handling to include Indemnity, Liability, Third Party risks and other associated heads of claim
- Excellent Telephony skills, with pro-active use of the telephone
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of claims negotiation, liability decision making and cost potential
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
- Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment
- Good market knowledge
- Good commercial awareness