UK Networks Manager - Insurance Sector - CISCO Meraki - Perm - City/Hybrid
Superb opportunity to join one of the UK's most acquisitional insurance organisations as their UK Networks Manager. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Leading a UK based team of network and telecoms engineer, as well as technical specialists, you will be responsible for the reliability of network services, and solutions within a complex, geographically dispersed insurance organisation.
You will plan, design, implement, optimise and maintain the complete network and voice services catalogue.
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into network solutions
- Articulate network solutions to the business in a clear and concise manner
- Produces detailed network design documentation, implementation plans, run books, standard operating procedures and financial models
- Develops network solutions in alignment with security policies
- Executes all network planning, design, implementation, operations, and optimizations processes in alignment with company standards and industry best practices
- Assesses existing network solutions to identify prospects for improvement including opportunities for greater automation, cost savings, simplification, network health, reliability, and security.
The Successful UK Networks Manager
You will have held a leadership position within a geographically dispersed organisation with solid experience within a Cisco focused environment, including Cisco Meraki, as well as MS technology including Azure Services.
- 10 + years' experience in network architecture/engineering and considered a subject matter expert
- 3+ years working with Cisco Meraki SD/WAN solutions
- 2+ years of experience with Azure services
- 2+ years of experience of supervising IT staff.
- Expert knowledge of Network Routing, Switching, VPN and Firewall Technologies
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cloud Architecture, or related degree or equivalent experience.
Any experience of leading teams that stretch outside of the UK would be advantageous given the organisations plans to grow their business into Europe.
Communication skills are paramount, as you will be liaising with a range of stakeholders , and it is critical that you are able to explain the 'so what' of technical information to a non-technical audience.
What's on Offer for the successful UK Networks Manager
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working which will see you work almost one day a week in city offices.