Administration Assistant required to join a well-established property maintenance and facilities business with, an office based in Chesterfield.
The role involves proactively supporting the Head of Health, Safety and Environment, relieving the wider team of routine administration tasks, solving day-to-day issues, and ensuring there are comprehensive administration systems in place.
- General administration support which includes a variety of tasks including but not limited to diary management, ordering supplies, handling telephone/email enquiries and follow-up calls, and stock movements. Arranging meetings, site inspections, audits, and internal and external training. Keep track of the diary relating to active monitoring and support the team to achieve the schedule.
- Keeping and maintaining records for HS&E central services including the Meridian management systems, updating and or producing schedules, spreadsheets, and presentations as deemed necessary by the Head of Health, Safety and keeping the company intranet updated.
- Managing the upkeep of all approved contractors, keeping records updated to ensure that contractors on site provide the relevant information and operate safe systems of work before being awarded the contract including permit-to-work systems.
- Maintain ongoing Health, Safety and Environmental records - principally but not limited to desk assessments, fire marshal and first aid cover.
- Responsibility for the HS&E computer-based training system, issuing log-ins to colleagues and triaging reports when returned and arranging any follow-up actions. Provide administration support to ensure computer-based training is completed promptly and support the team in the organisation of training programmes as and when required.
- Involvement in updating all Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH Assessments.
- Identifying and recommending any improved methods of working which enhance quality and reduce costs to provide the best value for money across the business.
- Developing myself to provide exceptional quality service to internal customers across the business and liaising with colleagues at all levels.
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Head of Health & Safety
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- An understanding of the importance of HSE in the workplace is a minimum requirement
- Previous administration experience
- Ability to work on their initiative
- Ability to multitask and work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and understand team dynamics.
- Ability to work to a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly.
- Professional and competent telephone manner
- Fully computer literate with intermediate/advanced MS Office skills with knowledge in Microsoft - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong proofreading and attention to detail skills
- Good work ethic with an energetic approach
- Flexibility and commitment to completing the task at hand.
- Excellent time management skills
*** A Full Clean Driving License is Essential***
Perks of the Role;
- Fantastic starting salary-£20,000
- Monday-Friday only 9 am- 5 pm
- Amazing team environment
- Free parking on site
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company Funded Healthshield Cashplan
- 22 days of holiday
- Life Assurance (x4 salary)
If you would like to know more about the position or would like a confidential chat please apply with your CV today.