Telematics Applications Engineer
This role is primarily customer facing, presales support, assisting Sales Account Managers to technically qualify and develop solution propositions based on identified / specified customer and partner requirements. Within this role you will develop and maintain relationships (at a technical level) with key customers responding to technical enquires and technically supporting the customer through the journey from the proposal to implementation. You will work closely with other members of your team, and key delivery functions including product management, application development, technical engineering to confirm requirements and delivery plans for customer projects.
About the company
Europe's leading provider of cloud-based video telematics and our focus is to ensure we continue to provide the best full featured video telematics solutions to serve growing market demand for video enabled telematics systems.
We have won more than 22 awards for innovation in the past three years and are dedicated to improving road safety and reducing insurance claims costs, whilst assisting fleet operators to improve asset tracking / utilisation, fleet optimisation, regulatory compliance, and security.
Our multi award-winning telematics platform has been built using the latest technologies that can locate a vehicle in real-time with live video and analytics. The cloud-based solution has evolved to connect to any third-party system and is the most innovative and leading video telematics platforms available on the market
- Definition of new requirements for customer projects, to be provided to product management, acting as the sponsor for such work and relaying choices / compromises and timescales with the customer on such developments
- Responsible for a given sales channel (individually) as part of a wider team supporting the account manager technically with day-to-day technical issues and enquiries
- Develop and maintain relationships (at a technical level) with key customers in each channel
- Pre-sales technical enquiries
- Responding to the technical aspects of RFP / RFQ's
- Solution architecture for customer integration projects (working with customer directly) e.g. API integrations etc.
- New customer project support, defining / architecting.
- Solution architecture for customer HW projects (e.g. HA and the new MDVR or the new AI rear view camera etc)
- Creation of reusable presales tools / assets to support the sales cycle.
- Delivery of Proof-of-Concept projects
- Define specification for bespoke device kit bundles and provide information required internally to setup order fulfilment process for bespoke kit bundles.
- Define device FW / settings configuration requirements for projects (if non-standard) and communicate requirements to enable order fulfilment.
- Define Platform setup and configuration (e.g. ORG / fleet / licenses / roles / permissions / user setup etc) as input to customer on-boarding process.
- Supporting P1 critical issues and liaising with the customer on information and resolution, acting as a bridge technically between the customer and the development team
- Technical customer documentation (drawings, wiring diagrams excluding installation specifications and detailed explanations of complex system aspects)
Education and Experience
- Worked in presales role. Possibly worked for automotive engineering consultancy focused on electrical / electronic systems.
- Knowledge / Experience of vehicle telematics or similar connected solutions with mobile devices
- Knowledge / Experience of vehicle systems including CAN bus and vehicle wiring & integration
- Degree in relevant engineering subject preferred
- Excellent internal / external communicational skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Vehicle camera systems and mobile recorders
- Telematics and connected devices
- Cloud based services with Application Programming Interfaces
- Vehicle electrical / electronic systems