Civil Litigation Solicitor
A well-established Kent-based law firm is expanding a number of their teams and are currently seeking a Civil Litigation Solicitor to join their Dispute Resolution team, based in Bexleyheath.
This firm offers a diverse range of services and has been recognised in the Legal 500. With over 100 staff, they are one of the significant legal service providers in the South East.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of all aspects of property litigation, landlord and tenant litigation, some contract/commercial litigation and contentious probate.
- Provide expert legal services, ensuring that professional standards are maintained and that the firm's internal procedures are adhered to.
- Offer support to the Litigation team, providing encouragement and assistance as and when necessary
- Where applicable, ensure that personal and departmental budgeted fees and targets are met.
Required Skills & Experience/ Responsibilities:
- 2-3 Years PQE
- To carry out the client's instructions in the most efficient and expedient way having regard to the firm's professional and procedural standards;
- To provide accurate progress reports for the client at regular intervals;
- To deal effectively with client queries by telephone or by clear and detailed letter;
- To maintain accurate records and an efficient and tidy filing system;
- Where applicable, to meet budgeted fees and profit targets;
- To organise diary and prioritise work;
- PC literacy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to organise and run a busy caseload and meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to help and encourage less senior members of the department
- Co-operative and helpful attitude within a team environment
- Diligent and conscientious approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary of up to £52,000 (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for birthday
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional healthcare cashback scheme
- Regular social events
- Free eye tests
- Staff discounts on legal services along with a family and friends referral scheme.