Join our dynamic business as a Data Engineer/ Senior Data Engineer.
Markerstudy Group are looking for a Data Miner to work with a machine learning team to leverage a managed technical data resource by using a combination of drill-down reporting, machine learning and modelling to provide insight. This would support the daily commercial management of portfolios, as well as risk modelling, data science, underwriting and regular reporting. This is a unique position that sits within the technical department that will sit between Data Science, Data Engineering, Underwriting, Pricing and Risk Modelling.
Markerstudy is a leading provider of private insurance in the UK, insuring around 5% of the private cars on the UK roads, 20% of commercial vehicles and over 30% of motorcycles in total premium levels of circa £1b. The majority of business is written as the insurance pricing provider behind household names such as Tesco, Sainsbury's, O2, Halifax, AA, Saga and Lloyds Bank to list a few.
As a Data Miner, you will:
- Leverage reporting functionality to provide deeper insight than the standard BAU reporting
- Use machine learning models to drive insight, identify data issues, improve the data model and explore new features or data resources
Leverage machine learning models to drive technical insight into a technical data resource, identify data issues, improve the data model and explore new features or data resources.
- Build reporting tools that provide deeper insight than existing regular reporting
- Own data validation and the identification of emerging data issues
- Leverage machine learning models to identify new data trends
- Monitor production machine learning models for feature degradation
- Support pricing in testing new data assets
Job Title: Data Miner
Location: Must be commutable once a week to ideally either site in Central Manchester or Haywards Heath
Salary and benefits negotiable depending on experience
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience in BI/MI/reporting
- Exposure to machine learning and a desire to develop in the area
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and performance analysis of queries
- Preferably personal lines insurance experience
- Proficient at communicating results in a concise manner both verbally and written
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn and develop
- Logical thinker with a professional and positive attitude
- Passion to improve processes
What are we doing to help us build a thriving, inclusive community?
Our ambition is to build a more diverse, equal and inclusive workplace for everyone and we have a mission statement in place to reinforce our commitment. However, that's the easy part!
Our key challenges are…
- How we continue to nurture positive behaviours in our own culture to foster healthy, happy and collaborative colleagues where performance is recognised and differences celebrated.
- How we strive to build our own internal community to better reflect the diverse communities we serve.
To help us achieve this, we have recently established an employee network called #WeAreMarkerstudy - a body of proactive colleagues with diverse interests and experiences, who have volunteered themselves to be part of a driving force for positive change.