This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their experience within Family Law. My client is a well-established Legal 500 firm based in Southend-on-Sea, with a solid reputation across Essex and further afield.
Joining a thriving department that handles both private and public matters, you can expect to assist on a mixed caseload of Family Law matters. The department is ranked and recognised by The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for family and matrimonial work.
The family team includes solicitors who have achieved the Law Society's Children Law and Family Law Advanced accreditations providing advocacy in all court proceedings, ensuring that clients receive a consistent and professional service as well as a high degree of continuity.
Duties include (but not limited to):
Divorce/matrimonial (with some children matters)
- Dealing with client enquiries
- Legal aid applications
- Legal help applications and assessment (gathering financial evidence, ensuring compliance with the LAA rules)
- File management under supervision
- Preparing divorce petitions
- Using and managing matters via the divorce portal
- Client meetings
- Financial disclosure - completing the forms and analysing evidence
- Preparing bundles and court documents
Key Skills Required
- At least 6 months experience as a Paralegal (preferably within a Family department)
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for Family Law
- A strong academic background with a Law degree
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Committed team player, self -motivated and professional
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This position gives you the opportunity to work one on one with partners and solicitors, which will aid massively in career development.
The firm are really keen to progress their staff from within and can offer support with qualification, including Training Contracts, SQE and CILEX.
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Southend-on-Sea (predominantly office-based)
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000 (dependent on experience)
If this role looks like it could be a great next step for your career, then please apply today!