Infrastructure Engineer (Platform)
Hybrid Working - 2 days per week in office in Peterborough and the rest from home
Gerrard White is currently seeking an Infrastructure Platform Engineer to join the Wintel Infrastructure Operations Team of one of the UK's largest insurance companies.
You will assist the team to ensure systems are maintained, enhanced, while providing technical support to tech and business team and contribute to technology, infrastructure and platform projects and solve problems based on insight.
Key to the role is ensuring system availability, performance, resilience and stability service levels are achieved through platform maintenance and development.
- Manage platform developments, enhancements and changes to maximise uptime, capacity and service levels
- Contribute to platform operational maintenance and on-going BAU activity
- Setup, install, configure, and upgrade virtual and physical server hardware/software environments
- Ensure platform availability, stability, resilience and performance to meet business needs
- Collaborate with other operational teams as an SME and contribute to operational service levels
- Contribute to tech projects and help develop tech solutions that deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Ensure support requests are managed and resolved within agreed processes and practices
- Use a variety of scripting languages and automation techniques to develop and maintain hardware/software. Ideally Powershell.
Suitable candidates will have experience of the following technologies:
- Excellent hardware, OS, AD, Storage/SAN, Citrix, Netscaler experience
- Excellent Windows administration
- Experience of patching, WSUS, Ansible, SCCM
- Excellent Exchange and O365 experience
- Used to working within the ITIL Framework
- Excellent experience of VMWare and virtual server enterprise estates
- Experience of monitoring/alerting, backup/recovery and security
- Automation and multiple scripting languages experience
- Multi-cloud experience
- NetApp/3Par/Nutanix/Tintri/Rubrik/NetBackup experience
- Any Linux experience beneficial
- Experience of fast paced 24/7 365 digital environment