Join our dynamic, award-winning company as an IT Security Analyst
Join our IT Security, Risk and Compliance Team as an IT Security Analyst. You will support our varied businesses across the business in actively reducing data security related risk. You will also be involved in day-to-day security monitoring, incident response, forensic investigation as well as other BAU and compliance activities. You will be critical in ensuring that industry best practice security standards are implemented across the business.
Location: Hybrid working, commuting once or twice a week to our office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: £60,000 + benefits
Hours: 35 hours, Monday to Friday. Full-Time, Permanent
- Representing the IT SRC Team as part of data security projects and driving the deliverables of the IT work streams.
- Performing BAU tasks including:
- Maintain the IT Security ticket queue by responding to Service Requests, SOW and security incidents.
- Daily monitoring of security toolsets to ensure tool health and to respond to security incidents. identified during the monitoring activities.
- Review change requests as part of Change Approval Board.
- Review project security risks as part Solution Design Authority.
- You may be expected to join the on-call rota for out-of-hours security incident handling.
- Delivery of operational security activities as directed by the Head of IT Security, Risk and Compliance & IT Security Assurance Team Leader.
- Maintain, manage, and implement Information Security policies and procedures.
- Audit compliance against the organisation's as well as suppliers' information security controls.
- Identify and advise on upcoming legislation changes that affect data security and privacy.
- Assist with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity activities.
- Essential: Strong technical knowledge in security, infrastructure and applications.
- Essential: Knowledge of security architecture and principles
- Essential: Familiar with various types of encryption algorithms and their applications
- Essential: A team player, willing to take on additional tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills
- Adhere to FCA, TCF and Data Protection Regulations
- Desirable: A solid understanding of compliance standards (GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, etc.)
- Desirable: Relevant security certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Desirable: Further Technical certifications would also be desirable.
- Desirable: Experience of managing/monitoring security toolsets, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Web Proxy, etc.
- Desirable: Knowledge of the ITIL or COBIT framework.
- Desirable: Experience of carrying out security awareness training
- Private Medical cover for employee
- 5% Employer pension contributions when contributing 5%
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary