MI Developer/Azure - Global Financial Services Organisation - Competitive Salary + Package - Perm - Hybrid working
Gerrard White are working with a global, technology-powered financial services organisation, partnering with major retail, financial services, and manufacturing brands in delivering bespoke insurance solutions. You will be joining a collaborative environment, which promotes continuous change. A culture where you will be challenged and encouraged to develop and progress your career.
As an MI Developer, you will be responsible for delivering a modern MI service, which will be consumed by key stakeholders and ultimately play a key part in group decision-making. You will work closely with the lead Business Analyst and wider group MI function, influencing MI strategy across other domains and products. You will develop and maintain effective, working relationships with the wider operation partners, promoting a one-team approach.
The successful MI Developer will also be responsible for:
- Delivering an MI pipeline that provisions intelligence for all business users and applications (including operational and insight)
- Develop, support and maintain Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes using MS Azure services, including SQL, Logic Apps and Data Factory to allow the business data to be standardised, in one location, and create "a single version of the truth".
- Working within the team to rationalise and redevelop our existing reporting suite as we move our data platform and reporting to Azure
- Support BAU analysists with reporting suites ensuring these are delivered with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Work with colleagues within Group MI to support and repair legacy MI when issues are raised
- Working with Operational Partners to unlock value from data
- Deliver MI solutions to agreed scope within agreed timelines
- Work within MI Development framework to define, design, build, test and deliver MI solutions with Stakeholder engagement and sign off at each stage
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in data and reporting technology
- Continuously review current MI to ensure utilisation and rationalise/redesign where required
- Develop robust MI solutions to meet the defined needs of key stakeholders
- Ensure robust control and governance around meta-data, data dictionaries, naming conventions and other tools used to ensure quality of MI
- Work closely with other developers within the wider team to jointly ensure single source of the truth data sources are agreed and utilised
Essential System Knowledge
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Power BI
The Successful MI Developer
- Experience in Agile delivery
- Knowledge of KPI's/KRI's
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer's business
- Effective and confident communicator at all levels
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and MI language skills Data design, modelling, and analysis skills
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language
What's on offer for the successful MI Developer
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and fantastic degree of flexible working.