Modern Workplace Consultant
Competitive Salary and Benefits (Dependent on Experience)
Full Time - Permanent
Home Based (Occasional visit to client site)
Gerrard White are working with a leading cloud services provider who offer an integrated suite of managed services, from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools to support a range of businesses from SMEs to multi-national corporations.
About the Role
You will have the opportunity to be working with cutting edge Microsoft technology with the ability to influence Microsoft on product design. This is through our extensive involvement in Microsoft Technology Adoption Programs (TAP) and our work with influential customers.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide technical expertise throughout a variety of project activities including strategy engagements, gap analysis, design, and deployment, as well as issue resolution and customer onboarding to our Managed Services.
At the same time, you will have have the opportunity to work with a wide array of customers, across multiple sectors, on some of the largest (per seat), most complex and challenging engagements in the industry.
You will be working from home where possible, but it is expected some of your time will be spent at customer sites as dictated by project requirements, so you must be happy with occasional travel. At the same time, flexible working is highly supported as we seek to ensure that employees enjoy a balanced life.
Technical skills & experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 products
- Proven track record in delivering consulting engagements including strategy, deployments, and migrations
- Awareness of 3rd party security and compliance products
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft EMS
- Active Directory, AAD Connect and Hybrid Identity Management
- Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business 2015/2019 advantageous but not essential
- Azure experience
Skills and experience required
- Strong verbal and presentation skills- must be able to articulate the value of intelligent communications and collaboration at multiple levels from C-level executives to IT Helpdesk.
- Strong written communication skills for planning and project documentation.
- Mature and presentable.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the wider technical team, as well as the ability to be self-sufficient when required.
Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate
Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals
- 25 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working - it's important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working - we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech - Leading services and solutions aren't just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands