Paralegal - Development Team
A boutique law firm specialising in Property and Housing are currently recruiting for a Career Paralegal to join their Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded company and a team of experts who are passionate about what they do.
This will be based at the firm's office in Westerham. Access to your own vehicle is essential, as it is tricky to get to via public transport. On-site parking is available.
They act on behalf of mid to large-scale Property Developers, dealing with land development, disposals, planning, and asset management. This role will be a hands-on opportunity to work alongside specialists in this field.
Previous experience in residential property is essential. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience working within a conveyancing / commercial property department, handling their own caseload of property files from instruction to completion.
There is an abundance of high-quality work, including the development of large estates. This is a superb opportunity to work on high-end residential property matters as well as develop your career with a forward-thinking firm.
- Dealing with all aspects of the conveyancing sales process from start to finish, from compiling and sending out papers with exchange deadlines, to completions.
- Working alongside colleagues within the team to reach completion and exchange deadlines.
- Dealing with enquiries from purchasers' solicitors.
- Receiving and chasing purchaser deposits where necessary.
- Maintaining up-to-date client matter schedules for both internal and external use.
- Producing and supplying other information/documents/reports, both internally and externally, that are logical, accurate, and in the correct format.
- Filing and file-keeping.
- Other ad hoc related tasks.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of conveyancing processes.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high volume deadline driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Sound judgement, with the ability to use your own initiative, taking responsibility where necessary and appropriate.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to perform in a high volume, deadline-orientated role.
- Good attention to detail, with a high standard of accuracy.
- A sound understanding of client confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
The firm has a tight-knit team of individuals, many of whom have trained within the firm. They have a friendly and collaborative environment with a relaxed approach (e.g. a dress-down culture).
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
If you think this sounds like you, apply now!