Personal Injury / Clinical Negligence Paralegal (Maternity Cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Personal Injury / Clinical Negligence paralegal to join a well-established Legal 500 firm based in Southend-on-Sea.
My client is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join their Personal Injury / Clinical Negligence team, to cover a maternity position for 9 months. Whilst it is not guaranteed, there is a possibility that this role could be made permanent for the right candidate.
This unique and interesting opportunity would be well suited to someone with some experience in this practice area.
Enthusiasm and a client caring approach are, however, essential and they will happily consider applicants with these qualities over experience.
Your role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Taking new instructions on a range of Personal Injury claims to include RTA, EL/PL, etc. and across Fast and Multi-Track
- Taking instructions on a range of clinical negligence matters
- Preparing bundles of medical records and hearing bundles for Court
- Drafting documents (eg, retainer letters / documents, Witness Statements, Case Summaries, etc.)
- Depending on level of experience, taking on a caseload of mixed matters at various stages in the Litigation process
- Working within a collaborative team
- Liaising with Clients, Experts, and Counsel
CV's are welcomed from experienced candidates who would be able to quickly take over an interesting and varied caseload - through to candidates with limited experience, but bags of enthusiasm.
My client is able to offer all the training and supervision required for the right candidate.
You must be able to reliably commute to Southend-on-Sea, as this position will be office-based.
If you think this sounds like the right role for you, please apply now!
Job type: Full-time, Fixed-Term Contract (possibility to go permanent thereafter, for the right candidate).
Location: Southend-on-Sea (fully-office based)
Salary: £21,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)