A leading Legal 500 firm has an opportunity for a Probate Executive / Private Client Lawyer to join their Private Client Department as part of a busy and growing team. This role will be based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a team with a reputation for providing excellent client care and high-quality advice. This firm has a long-standing history and is a well-known name in the area.
- Drafting inheritance tax and probate application forms, to include preparing inheritance tax calculations.
- Meeting with personal representatives to explain the process of dealing with an estate.
- Assembling documents and papers for making probate applications, both online and paper based where applicable.
- Assisting with the estate administration process, including collecting assets, agreeing the estate's tax position and paying liabilities.
- Liaising with HMRC, HMCTS and third parties, as required.
- Liaising with the personal representatives and beneficiaries in relation to estate distributions, including providing forms R185 where required.
The Successful Applicant The successful candidate must have:
- A basic understanding of inheritance tax income tax and capital gains tax and the probate process.
- Experience of preparing estate accounts desirable.
- Ability to work in within a team with minimal supervision (support is available from all levels in the team where needed).
- Conscientious with a keen eye for detail.
- Organised, keeps track of deadlines and follows up on correspondence, when required.
- Experience of using MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Shows initiative and seeks help with any potential issues identified.
- Motivated and with a positive outlook and willingness to learn and develop.
You will be joining a friendly and down-to-earth team of individuals. There are plenty of opportunities for professional development and progression within the firm.
The successful Probate Executive will have the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis.
Salary: £30,000 - £60,000 (dependent on experience)