PROJECT DELIVERY MANAGER - INSURANCE
Our client, a Times Top 30 Major UK Insurer, is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their COO Leadership team to help build a Continuous Improvement function. Focussed on shaping up company-wide systems and operations, as Project Delivery Manager you'll lead a small team of Project Managers in an exciting, diverse and changeable environment. Your leadership will result in changes that not only improve the company but will make a positive impact on their millions of customers.
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their dynamic and agile way of working.
Competitive Salary and benefits package, based on experience
Location: must be commutable typically once or twice a week to one of the office locations (Tunbridge Wells or Central Manchester) and be able to travel to other office sites to undertake tasks assigned
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Responsibility for producing succinct and appropriate reporting and input into the demand and delivery portfolio.
- Contribute to the future strategy of the Project Delivery and Transformation team.
- Work with the business to identify transformation opportunities.
- Create and analyse relevant information and develop recommendations for presentation to senior management.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of projects to all stakeholders.
- Provide timely reporting of issues that impact projects progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts.
- Assess and address the operational impacts of projects - e.g. training and resource requirements.
- Meet with the project team(s) regularly to review deliverables and deadlines.
- Coordinate interaction and communication among impacted departments.
- Work with other appropriate team leaders/managers to allocate resource to project tasks and track progress of work.
- Working closely with delivery teams to assist in any prioritisation and scheduling decisions.
- Monitoring the work of all team members including removing barriers, assisting, mentoring and coaching.
- Tracking of all deliverables for resource, cost and benefits.
- Conduct 121's and appraisals taking the appropriate action on over and under performance, where necessary.
- Travel to the different Group sites as appropriate to undertake the tasks assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced Project Manager with certification.
- Solid and proven experience of Project Management methodologies including agile frameworks.
- Financial and Insurance Services experience with business knowledge.
- Private Medical cover for employee
- 5% Employer pension contributions when contributing 5%
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary