A well-established Kent-based law firm is expanding a number of their teams and are currently seeking a Property Paralegal to join their Property team, based in Dartford.
This firm offers a diverse range of services and has been recognised in the Legal 500. With over 100 staff, they are one of the significant legal service providers in the South East.
The successful Property Paralegal will undertake both commercial and residential property work as authorised by the partner/head of department.
This will be a fee-earning position that requires meeting the firm's professional standards and procedural guidelines and to meet budgeted fee income and time recording targets.
Required Skills & Experience/ Responsibilities:
- To handle and assist with commercial and residential work as required by the demands of the firm and clients, under the supervision of the partner in charge.
- To handle all work efficiently and in accordance with the firm's professional standards and client care guidelines.
- To deal effectively with client queries by telephone or by clear and detailed letter.
- To organise diary and prioritise work.
- To deal courteously and efficiently (as necessary) with estate agents and mortgagees and with solicitors/conveyancers acting in transactions.
- Experience/qualifications relevant to commercial work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- PC literacy
- Previous experience in a Residential/Commercial Property role.
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team environment
- Ability to organise and run a busy caseload and meet deadlines
- Diligent and conscientious approach to work
- Courteous and co-operative attitude
In return, you will receive ongoing training and support with genuine development opportunities and room for career growth.
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 (potentially with a bit of flexibility for a more experienced candidate).
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for birthday
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional healthcare cashback scheme
- Regular social events
- Free eye tests
- Staff discounts on legal services along with a family and friends referral scheme.