Join our dynamic, award-winning company as a SAS Developer!
We are looking for a SAS Developer to join our team, working with the MI Manager and Senior MI Leads to deliver high quality data management across our company. You will be responsible for providing meaningful management information data into the business to support improved Financial and operational performance, managing and maintaining technical solutions, and providing BAU support.
Job Title: SAS Developer
Location: Must be commutable to one of the following office locations: Haywards Heath, Central Manchester or Whitstable
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 35 hour week, Monday to Friday, Permanent, Full-Time
- To support the MI manager and MI Senior Leads to build and manage the BI platform so that Markerstudy business data and analysis requirements can be retrieved, stored and viewed efficiently.
- To support department data initiatives which help to inform the overall strategic direction of the business
- To mine large data, providing data and management information reports in a format that the business can consume to inform decision making
- To constantly review the way data is processed in the business, looking for ways to improve running times and efficiency
- To be an advocate of data governance activities, policies and procedures
- To help drive continuous improvements in data quality standards
- To assist with the resolution of known data issues, ensuring root causes are identified and sustainable solutions are developed and implemented, liaising with IT to fix issues, as required
- To assist with data risk prioritisation and reporting
- To help ensure that day to day data processing completes, to agreed timelines with no failures.
Contributes and adheres to:
- Enterprise architecture principles, ensuring that solutions can be integrated into and supported by the larger organisation.
- Coding standards and source control regimes.
- Departmental standards for software tools, patterns and frameworks.
- Testing methodologies, frameworks and controls ensuring that code can be repeatedly and reliably tested.
- Departmental wide management of hosting and configuration management.
- Departmental level design goals, coding standards, architectural principles and processes.
- Project and delivery processes and controls ensuring that all activities are adding value to objectives
- Advanced Excel
- Previous experience in a BI role
- Experience of data quality management concepts
- Experience of writing SAS code or use of SAS EG or SAS VA
- Experience of SAS DI studio
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Detailed data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to translate technical detail into simple language that non-technical people can understand
- Able to operate in a fast-changing market and environment, often tackling issues without clear precedents
- Organised, methodical, able to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Confident in own judgement and decision-making, sees challenges as development opportunities not problems
- Experience SAS VIYA
- Experience of Power BI
- Experience of TSQL
- Educated to degree standard
- Health care Cash Plan
- 5% Employer pension contributions when contributing 5%
- 25 days Holiday + bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary