3rd Line Engineer
Wakefield, Telford, or Poole
Full Time - Permanent - 40 Hours/Week
Shift pattern - Hours between 7:30 and 6pm and 1 in 4 Saturday/Sunday (Paid overtime or day in lieu)
Gerrard White are working with a leading cloud services provider who offer an integrated suite of managed services, from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools to support a range of businesses from SMEs to multi-national corporations.
They are looking for a specialist engineer to join the service desk team, and support their managed service customers in resolving complex issues, working in line with SLA's.
Be the technical escalation point for Level 1 and Level 2 engineers within the Service Desk
- To provide assistance with complex issues.
- To ensure updates are provided to team members that can be disseminated to customers
- To carry out root cause analysis on problems identified
Actively managing and maintaining a list of assigned tickets.
- By ensuring they are regularly updated in-line with SLAs
- Ensuring any investigative work is documented within
- Keeping the customer/Level 1 team informed and updated with the progression of their issue.
To maintain good work relationships with vendors
- Ensure any escalations to vendors are monitored and updated on a regular basis
- Ensuring vendors are provided with access and knowledge required to service our customers
- Ensure clear and concise information is provided with vendors to ensure a speedy resolution.
Ensure customer environments and managed and maintained to a high standard
- Managed and maintain group policies for customers
- Review and resolve proactive alerts
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks as required, such as diagnosis of problems, patching and capacity management.
What we'd like from you
Solid working knowledge of all areas and demonstrate an in-depth competence to support and manage a broad range of the detailed subject areas:
· Microsoft Associate Certifications
· Network certification such as (CCNA, JNCIA or NSE 4)
· IP network design including routing, switching, VLANS, Firewalls, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, FTTP, Wireless WAN. Good knowledge in one of the popular Firewall brands - Fortinet, Sonicwall, Cisco, Draytek etc and a working use of Cisco IOS and networking equipment.
· Exposure to HP platforms and server hardware with working knowledge of RAID arrays and SANs.
· Microsoft 365 configuration, Azure AD Sync, Microsoft Cloud Services
· Experience with Windows Server 2016/19/22, Exchange 2019, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V, Active Directory.
· At least five years of Microsoft server level IT experience.
· Working under pressure, especially when a critical issue has occurred.
· Managing your own workload.
· Citrix CCP-V or AppDS
· CompTIA Linux+
· Working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP)
· Experience with the use of an ITSM toolset (ideally ServiceNow)