A well-established Kent-based law firm is expanding a number of their teams and are currently seeking a Will Writer to join their Will Writing team.
This firm offers a diverse range of services and has been recognised in the Legal 500. With over 100 staff, they are one of the significant legal service providers in the South East.
These roles will be based at Dartford and Orpington; however, the role will involve travelling between all 3 of the firm's offices; Dartford, Bexleyheath and Orpington.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Take instructions from clients at the office by prior appointment in relation to straightforward Wills
- Following the appointment, to prepare, explain and submit draft documents for approval as quickly as possible - ideally on the same day or within 24 hours.
- To present the firm's account promptly and to secure immediate settlement.
- To ensure that all enquiries outside the scope of "Easywill", involving complex trusts, IHT advice etc, are referred to senior members of the Private Client team.
- To advise in relation to Lasting Powers of Attorney and to preparation and registration following signature.
- Must have some experience working within a busy Private Client department.
- Must have experience of will drafting and Lasting Powers of Attorney experience (with a proven track record of managing a caseload and meeting client and business expectations).
- A law degree/LPC desired, although not essential
- Must have a car to be able to travel between our 3 offices.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm with a one-hour break for lunch.
- Competitive salary of up to £32,000 (potentially with a bit of flexibility for a more experienced candidate).
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for birthday
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional healthcare cashback scheme
- Regular social events
- Free eye tests
- Staff discounts on legal services along with a family and friends referral scheme.