Gerrard White is currently seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join a market leading insurance company supporting the Finance Team with analysis work on revenue, expenses and other financial tasks.
Key tasks will include:
- To aid in the accounting for revenue, direct costs and overheads ensuring that all entries are well controlled and reported in an accurate, timely and complete manner.
- Assisting with the production of management accounts- accruals and prepayments being a primary focus.
- Processing of Payroll journal and associated reconciliations in the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Review and Reconciliation of Inter Company transactions including agreeing Inter Company Matrix and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Building relationships with Budget holders in order to hold cost reviews and accrual reviews on a regular basis.
- Developing business partnering with managers over cost reviews.
- Analysis of Expenses and liaising with other departments to present findings.
- Ensure that all work is accurate, deadlines are met, and that the workload is managed effectively with minimal supervision.
- To ensure that all relevant balance sheet accounts are reconciled and understood
- Consider and make suggestions to improve and develop existing reports and processes to improve the overall department efficiency and effectiveness.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Good MS Excel skills to Pivot Table
- AAT Qualified or PQ CIMA/ACCA
- Sage Accounting Packages Experience
- Keen to Learn Individual, with a can do attitude
- Ability to adapt and hit the ground running
- Strong team player
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to remain motivated in a challenging environment
- Comfortable with working and ownership of tasks with minimal supervision.