Conveyancing Legal Assistant
An exciting opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant has arisen to join a reputable and well-established law firm in the heart of Heathfield, East Sussex (TN21). This firm has a beautiful, modern office and a small, friendly team of experts.
The firm currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Conveyancing Legal Assistant to join their Residential Property department.
This is a great opportunity for someone with secretarial/administrative/paralegal experience within conveyancing who is looking for something new! They would also consider individuals who have a genuine interest in Property law This firm can offer a supportive and welcoming environment, where you will be valued and appreciated.
The firm offers a friendly environment, long-term career opportunities, and a supportive team.
- Assisting the fee earner with a wide range of tasks on sale and purchase files, transfers of title, new build purchases, discharge, and re-mortgage work.
- Liaising with clients and estate agents to deal with queries.
- Keeping clients up to date with the progress of their transactions, both via email and telephone contact.
- Ordering searches on sale and on purchase files.
- Preparing contract packs, Land Registry, and mortgage forms and drafting Stamp Duty Land Tax returns.
- Dealing with post exchange and completion formalities.
- General file management and case tracking
- Providing general administrative and secretarial support to the Residential Property Team.
- Booking and coordinating meetings and diary management.
Essential experience and skills:
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in conveyancing (recent experience).
- Efficient and well organised with attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to time constraints
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience as a legal secretary within a Residential Conveyancing department.
- Experience using case management software.
- Good knowledge of residential conveyancing processes and procedures.
Working hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday (with 1 hour for lunch)
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 (dependent on experience)
If you think this sounds like you, apply now!
All applications and enquiries are completely confidential.