Cloud DevOps Engineer
Competitive Salary and Benefits (Dependent on Experience)
Full Time - Permanent
Gerrard White are working with a leading cloud services provider who offer an integrated suite of managed services, from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools to support a range of businesses from SMEs to multi-national corporations.
We are looking for a Developer who has experience supporting what they develop within public cloud solution e.g., AWS. You will be working with key areas of the software delivery lifecycle and building solutions out as designed using automation.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a DevOps environment and have an excellent understanding of CodePipeline in a cloud-based environment. You will also have a development background and excellent knowledge of the SDLC.
A DevOps Engineer is the heart of any project. We are looking for someone who is happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions while willing and capable to get their hands dirty and get things coded up. You will need to be proactive, collaborative, and approachable.
- Supporting and enhancing Infrastructure using IaC in AWS (Azure would be a bonus)
- Collaborate, communicate, and educate other teams when and where needed as part of the DevOps community.
- Build out solution following best practices within a CI/CD.
- Highlight and mitigate risks.
- Focus on automation and IaC.
- Following best practices.
- Develop and learn technologies that can streamline our approach.
- Share knowledge and work with teams to define solutions.
- Hold a minimum of an AWS Associate-level certification within the probation and the aspiration of gaining a DevOps Professional certification within the year.
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g., Azure DevOps)
- Source Control Systems (e.g., Git)
- Scripting (e.g., Bash, PowerShell)
- Working with Infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, ARM, CloudFormation)
- Working knowledge of Cloud concepts
- Strong documentation
- Customer communication
- Data Analysis & Fault Finding
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Working knowledge of Agile
- Container Orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working with database languages (e.g., MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle)
- 25 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working - it's important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working - we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
- Top tech - Leading services and solutions aren't just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
- 4x annual salary life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks from major brands