A leading Legal 500 with an outstanding reputation and established Employment department are now seeking an experienced Employment Solicitor to join them in their busy Eastbourne offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven Employment Solicitor, who is keen to progress their career into a Partner position, whilst enjoying a healthy work-life balance and quality work. With a friendly team to work with, and modern offices you will enjoy working in an inclusive environment where your efforts will be both recognised and rewarded.
The successful Employment Solicitor will focus on contentious employment cases, primarily on behalf of Employers. There is a particular focus on the following sectors (with recent clients including):
- Construction - acting for £100m turn over construction business, plus others
- Motor - acting for a large motor sales company
- Media - acting for a worldwide co-corporation
- Celebrity clients - including TV presenters and footballers
Whilst this will primarily focus on contentious employment, there is the opportunity to support in contentious matters relating to corporate/commercial law.
The successful Employment Solicitor will offer the following background/skill set:
- Be a qualified Solicitor (England and Wales) with at least 12 months PQE
- Current experience of working within an Employment law team, ideally within a well respected regional firm or in London
- Have experience of contentious Employment law
- Be client centric
- Be ambitious and willing to learn
- Be a keen team player
- Demonstrate a clear commercial awareness
- Ideally with experience of mentoring and supervising junior staff
This is a crucial hire for this business, with succession planning being a major consideration. As such, you can be assured of a clear career path, with significant investment from the firm to provide you with the necessary skills and support.
You will enjoy excellent administrative support along with junior Lawyers in the team.
This firm pride themselves on their staff-centric culture. They offer a generous benefits package including generous holiday allowance (with the option to buy/sell annual leave), pension, regular staff events, a bonus structure, discounted shopping, on-going CPD budget etc.