Competitive Salary and Benefits (Dependent on Experience)
Full Time - Permanent
Gerrard White are working with a leading cloud services provider who offer an integrated suite of managed services, from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools to support a range of businesses from SMEs to multi-national corporations.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Consultant to join the Technical Consultancy department. The Consultant will collaborate with the Business Consulting Director, to provide a high-quality service to the business' operations.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working for an MSP on delivering and designing Infrastructure solutions, and have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
As a key member of the Technical Consultancy team, you will be responsible for designing & delivering IT infrastructure solutions on time & budget. The role is home-based with occasional travel to customer site.
· Working closely with Presales, Sales, Project Management & Operations with responsibility for the detailed design of complex customer solutions for new and existing customers, illustrating a broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
· Leading the deployment of concurrent complex multi technology infrastructure solutions
· Ensure deadlines are met and projects delivered within agreed timescales
· Troubleshooting of complex technical problems in the related technical competence areas
· Identification of root cause and contribution to technical and operational corrective actions
· Effectively manages stakeholder relationships and can influence key technical decisions both with the customer and internally.
· Mentor secondary engineering resource allocated to their project.
· Microsoft: Windows / Server / OS / AD / ADFS / M365 / Exchange
· Endpoint compliance & Management (MECM /AV /MFA /MDM /MAM / EM+S / Intune / Autopilot)
· Microsoft SharePoint Design and Migration
· Teams voice & direct routing
· Customer facing experience with excellent written & verbal skills
· Possess a clear understanding and view of end-to-end project delivery
· Hold a track record of successful technical delivery, including developing and maintaining relationships
· Knowledge of ticketing & time entry creation elements of ServiceNow or similar service management system.
· An understanding of the Managed Services environment is an advantage
· Documentation skills adapting style from asset capture through to design documentation and sales proposals
· Public Cloud (Azure / AWS)
· Microsoft SQL
· Citrix: XenApp / XenDesktop / XenMobile / NetScaler
· EMC: VNX SAN / DR / RecoverPoint
· Fortinet: FortiGate firewalls (across the range) / Analyser / FortiMail
· Cisco: Routing & Switching / ASA
· HP: Routing & Switching / Aruba
· Backup technologies / Symantec / Veeam / Carbonite SecureVault
· Anti-virus technologies / Kaspersky / Trend
· Virtualisation: VMware / Hyper-V / Zerto
· Hardware installs: Routers / switches / WAP's / Firewalls / Servers / UPS
· Enterprise mail & data migrations; o IaaS / BaaS / DaaS
· Produce LLD / DLD / HLD style documentation.
· 25 days' holiday (excluding bank holidays)
· Flexible working - it's important to maintain a work/life balance, as such, we will consider any written request for flexible working
· Virtual working - we practice what we preach and empower our people to work remotely
· Top tech - Leading services and solutions aren't just for our clients; we supply best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff too
· 4x annual salary life assurance
· Health cash plan
· Retail discounts and other perks from major brands