Gerrard White is currently seeking an IT Development Team Leader to join a leading UK insurer.
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to be responsible for a team of full stack web developers. You will coach, guide and empower our highly skilled web developers and have 2+ years' experience of managing a team of technical people and a solid background in software development and delivery.
Whilst the focus of this role is firmly on team leading, the remit extends to include responsibility for assessing new developments, assisting with high level design, ensuring department and company standards are met, effective resource scheduling, initiating install and upgrade requests (for environments, software, licences, tools and servers), horizon scanning for new technologies and ways of working and collaborating with colleagues and peers across IT, the wider business and, on occasion, with 3rd parties. You will be part of our Delivery Team (which includes business stakeholders, Project and Product Scrum Teams), adding value to the high quality deliveries through collaboration and effective communication.
The Web Services Team support a variety of front and back end systems using the following tools, languages and platforms:
- HTML, CSS
- Java / Spring / Boot
- Browserify, Webpack, etc.
- Webservices: RESTful / SOAP / JSON
- XML, XPath and XQuery / JQuery, Ajax
- Groovy, Grails
- Testing tools: JEST, JUnit, Mockito and exposure to Gradle
- Microsoft SQL Server (2012 or newer)
- Apache Tomcat webserver configuration
- MS Azure cloud, including Kubernetes and HELM charts
- IDE such as VS Code, IntelliJ, PHPStorm etc.
- Software management tools: Git, Git-Hub
Suitable candidates will have previous experience within a similar role.
If you are interested, please send your CV for immediate consideration for the role.