Mid-Level Software Engineer
Full Time - Permanent
Sunderland - Hybrid working - 2 days in the office
Gerrard White is currently working with a major UK insurer, who is looking for a Software Engineer to join their engineering team in providing first-class technical solutions. This is with a view of contributing from the off, with ample opportunity for progression and self-development.
* Engineer first-class technical solutions as required to support the strategic agenda, using agile development practices, under the leadership of a change Delivery Manager.
* Contribute to the culture of innovation, enthusiasm, and passion.
* Be the voice of the customer, focusing on delivering the best customer experience.
* Actively support and coach other members of your technical community.
* Work within an agile team to deliver robust solutions that meet the
functional and technical requirements of the customer.
* Work with colleagues and Product Owners to help shape requirements.
* Show strict adherence to technical and quality standards within agreed
* Contribute to improving standards and working practices where
* Champion the need for a "quality first" approach.
* Active learner keeping up to date with developments in your technical
and professional area of expertise.
* Maintain business agility through a sustainable approach to software
* Embrace the culture of continuously improving our services by being
bold and innovative
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
Must Have -
- At least 5 years of software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code following "Clean Coding" principles.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Principles, SOLID, and OWASP.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Passionate about technology, with an ability to quickly pick up other technologies.
- Great written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail.
* Experience of working with cloud technologies such as AWS or similar.
* Some exposure to front-end technologies such as React or Angular.
* Experience of working with queues and event-driven architecture
* Experience consuming and developing restful APIs.