The Claims Team
We believe that the claims experience can be so much better in the insurance industry! So, our mission is to deliver the most delightful and efficient claims experience to our customers.
We're looking for a Claims Team Manager within First Party to be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a growing team of executives, developing our case handling function and focusing on owning our customer journey.
We are looking for someone with proven leadership skills, who will relish the challenge of working with our Head of Claims to onboard, train and coach members of our growing in-house claims team.
Working in a startup means that you have to be adaptable and are excited by the prospect of moving fast. This is an opportunity to collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, underwriters and our operations team to set us up for success. Building strong working relationships is important, to ensure that together with our partners we deliver excellent customer service 24/7, 365 days a year.
What you'll be doing
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a growing team of Accidental Damage claims executives, ensuring we are on track to hit KPIs and OKRs
- Supporting, monitoring and reviewing motor claims processed in house or by our third-party providers.
- Reviewing claims processes and recommending changes. You'll also be conducting quality assurance audits and highlighting missed opportunities, leakage and areas for improvement
- Supporting technical claims matters in respect of questions / escalated customer scenarios and calls/liability referrals etc.
- Managing and coaching claims team members, and supporting them in the development of their knowledge and skills
- Working with others across the business to set up and maintain performance reporting/metrics
- Working and owning on operational and strategic projects
- Presenting and explaining statistical management information to the business
- Ensuring that your team achieves quality outcomes for customers
- Creating the time, space and confidence for your team to go above and beyond for customers
- Reduction of inbound contact by delivering a high touch case handling approach
- Ultimately, you are accountable for minimising the effort our customers need to use when making a claim
What we're looking for from you
- Experience and understanding in the following areas:
- how insurance policies are sold and distributed, and contracts formed and applied
- how motor claims can occur and are registered
- how motor claims liability arises, is established and negotiated
- claims reserving and payment processes
- Understanding of how customers claim from FNOL through to settlement.
- Experience managing and coaching a team
- Previous experience of project / strategic change management would also be beneficial
- Experience of multi-channel communication methods for customer contact e.g. telephony, live chat, message and emails.
Who you are
- You truly care about supporting and developing the people you manage
- You have a proven ability to think strategically but are also able to get deep into the detail
- You enjoy problem-solving and creating innovative solutions to complex problems
- You enjoy working in a high growth environment and are highly adaptable to change
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: Spend 1 day per fortnight with your team in our new collaborative London office, and own your own working hours. The rest is up to you *If this arrangement doesn't work, don't let it hold you back. We're always open to making reasonable adjustments if this is a barrier to you in any way. Let us know and we'll talk about our options.
- Flexible benefits budget - £50 per month to spend on a Ben Mastercard meaning you get your own benefits budget to spend on things you want. Whether that's subscriptions, night classes (puppy yoga, anyone?), the big shop or a forest of houseplants. Pretty much anything goes.
- Learning and development - Personal budgets for books and training courses to help you grow in your role. Plus 2 days a year - on us! - to further your skillset
- Mental wellbeing support - Access therapy and mental health sessions through Oliva
- Equity - Get options in Marshmallow as part of your offer, and have a real stake in the company's success
- Private health care - Enjoy all the benefits Vitality has to offer, including reduced gym memberships and discounts on smartwatches
- Medical cash plan - To help you with the costs of dental, optical and physio (plus more!)
- Tech scheme - Get the latest tech for less
Plus all the rest; 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, cycle to work scheme, monthly team socials and company-wide socials every month!
Our process - We break it up into 3 stages:
- Initial call with Talent Acquisition (30 mins)
- A skill-based interview where you will discuss your previous experience with two members of our Claims team (1 hour)
- A culture interview to check that your work style fits our processes and values (1 hour)
We'll let you know if you're invited to an interview or not. But, as a small team with a lot of applications to consider, we can't give individual feedback on each application.
Marshmallow Insurance - Our mission
We're the tech company making insurance more accessible and more affordable for as many people as possible.
We're proud of our journey so far. We've helped hundreds of thousands of customers get fairer cover, all while being rated excellent on Trustpilot. But we're just getting started.
Over the next 2 years, we're planning to help even more people by launching products and services across different sectors and countries.
If you're looking for a challenge, our next chapter is set to be an exciting one.