Purchasing Coordinator is required to join one of the leading businesses in Tunbridge Wells.
The Purchasing coordinator will manage the purchase of products and services and they will serve as the liaison in negotiations with suppliers, it will be their responsibility to assess vendors, negotiate new deals, renegotiate expiring contracts, and place orders for products and services.
- Research and Evaluate Suppliers:
- Evaluates suppliers based on cost, selection, service, distribution capabilities and availability. They then communicate the findings to the Head of Technical Operation / Finance
- Negotiate and Renegotiate Contracts with Suppliers:
- Serves as the liaison in negotiations with suppliers. It is their responsibility to negotiate new deals, as well as renegotiate expiring contracts.
- Create and Send Purchasing Orders:
- § Evaluating lead time and run rates of stock to ensure orders for products and supplies are place in time with the most economical shipping.
- *Monitor Purchases Through the Delivery Process:
- Responsible for tracking the progress of all shipments and addressing any problems. Highlighting any possible shortages and impact to the business
- Evaluate Supplier Performance:
- Maintain supplier KPIs on performance areas including but not limited to, product failure rates, lead times, communication, incorrect product setup.
- Intermediate knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant packages with fast and accurate typing skills, and a high level of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- * High attention to detail
- * Ability to make quick decisions
- * Organizational skills
- * Customer service skills
- * Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- * Ability to work independently
- * Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- * Ability to oversee multiple tasks and co-ordinate a team to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- * Approachable with good coaching skills
- * Excellent telephone manor
- * Ability to thrive under pressure
Perks of the Role:
- Great training programme (training is paid)
- £30,000-£40,000 (salary dependent on experience)
- Hybrid working scheme
- Amazing team environment
- 25 Days Holiday (increasing 1 day per year, up to 30 days with each year of service) + Opportunity to Buy & Sell annual leave up to 5 days each year
- Employer Pension with 5% contribution
- Life Assurance 4% base salary
If you are interested in the position, please apply today as the interviews are taking place over the next couple of weeks!