Our client, a full service law firm is looking for a Risk & Compliance Assistant to support the Director of Risk and Compliance on a full time basis to assist the team with the management of complaints and claims received from clients and any associated litigation, and to provide high level administrative and technical support to the team.
The Risk and Compliance department develops and maintains the firm's Risk Management policies and procedures and ensures that they are implemented and adhered to across the firm. They also provide guidance, updates, general advice and where necessary training on regulatory and compliance issues.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the team in dealing with claims, complaints, DSARs and any associated litigation.
- Assisting the team with its work in mitigating regulatory risks and exposures (including but not limited to as set out below).
- Compliance with the firm's AML/CDD procedures and conducting relevant searches.
- Maintaining and updating various central risk registers e.g. complaints, professional indemnity notifications.
- Liaising with other members of Business Support Group in relation to relevant projects.
- Assisting in relation to conflict searches, file reviews, mySRA on boarding, various renewals including Lexcel and CQS.
- Conducting ad-hoc research in all areas of risk management.
- Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory information and changes.
- Previous relevant experience and understanding of risk and compliance processes is essential
- Litigation experience preferable
- Knowledge of the law, regulation and professional standards applicable to a law firm, together with an understanding of compliance and risk issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a client orientated approach.
- Confident in dealing with senior management and partners generally.
Please apply for full information.