Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for a Support Development Engineer to join an existing development team. You will be expected to provide proactive monitoring of the production and other environments to ensure stability and control costs. You will be responsible for releasing new software to production so a thorough understanding of the build and release process is essential. You will be expected to have the ability to provide short-term fixes to production issues should it be required, whilst providing input into longer-term solutions.
This role will involve an element of out-of-normal working hours support, for P1 issues, as and when they occur.
What I will be doing?
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to perform root cause analysis
- Strong C# background
- Azure Administrator
- Infrastructure as Code, Arm Templates or equivalent
- Resiliency - Availability Sets, Availability Zones, Region
- Setting up secure endpoints (TLS)
- Configuration/password management (KeyVault)
- Certificate management
- Experience using the Microsoft technology stack
- Familiarity with Git
- Azure CLI
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with Azure Devops Pipeline builds is desirable. Alternatively, experience with any of the following; Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI
- Experience with deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy, Azure Devops Release pipelines
What you need to be to be successful in the role?
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Service Fabric
- .NET 6 / .NET Core
- Application Insights
- Kusto / DataExplorer
- Octopus Deploy
- Working with Geospatial data
Location: Flexible in the UK