Remote but with flexibility to travel to UK client sites as required in Kent and London
Gerrard White is currently seeking a Solution Architect for one of the UK's leading personal lines insurance companies to take a technical lead within a claims transformation project. You will work with both the business and IT to design and lead the build of a next generation claims platform. The platform with utilize best in breed partners and cloud technologies to truly give this insurer a competitive advantage.
This is mainly a remote role, but will need flexibility to visit both London and Tunbridge Wells (or Whitstable), Kent. This will be to attend key meetings with 3rd parties and the development teams. Any insurance, especially claims, knowledge is desirable but not required.
- Working within the organisation's Architectural framework to design and document the future Claims system.
- Translate business requirements, strategic drivers and business problems into an architectural artifact to achieve business objectives.
- Works with the business to ensure a robust architectural/Development backlog that can support future business requirements throughout the claims transformation project.
- Provide technical leadership and consulting support to our agile development team - both on-shore and off-shore.
- Working with 3rd Party providers to integrate their systems into the platform.
- Provides architectural artifact like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs
- Experience in Microsoft Azure and C# tech stack
- Microservice and full API lifecycle
- Event based architecture
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes
- Any insurance, especially claims, knowledge is desirable but not required
- Experience developing architecture artifacts, strategies, and design
- Ability to guiding and help stakeholders and peers with decision making.
- Ability to explain new concepts and architectures to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to work both creatively and analytically to solve business requirements and problems
- Ability to quickly understand and evaluate the functions and capabilities of new technologies