Corporate Paralegal / Legal Assistant
A leading UK Law firm is currently seeking a paralegal / legal assistant to join the team. The successful paralegal / legal assistant will be joining the firm's Corporate, Commercial and Commercial Property provision, based in their Maidstone office.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is able to juggle many tasks at once, has excellent attention to detail, practices good judgement, and has an ability to manage clients, who are also under pressure, in a calm and client client-centric.
The ideal candidate will already be embedded in corporate legal environment with at least 2 years of experience. You will have excellent attention to detail, be able to multi-task, and be confident working to deadlines.
- Carrying out searches and setting up new matters (Companies House, FCA and completion searches)
- Carrying out anti-money laundering checks, completion checks, and audit of process
- Drafting ancillary and other simple legal documents, engagement letters, and head of terms
- Updating disclosure letters and preparing disclosure indexes
- Following completions, transferring documents from their online data room to their internal document management platform
- Producing disclosure bundles and completion bibles and arranging Companies House filings
- General client care and responding to client queries
- Provision of cover for other administrative roles as appropriate
Experience and key skills:
- Two years experience within a corporate legal environment
- Experience with board minutes, ancillary documents and resolutions (including drafting of these documents).
- Specific experience and success in an administrative role
- Previous experience of working with legal documentation
- Evidence of working effectively within a high-pressure deadline-oriented environment
- Developed experience in a client management in a client-focused environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A team player at all times
This is a great opportunity for a paralegal / legal assistant to join a modern law firm with genuine opportunities for progression. You will be joining a tight-knit team of down-to-earth lawyers with a drive to deliver exceptional legal advice.
There are also great benefits on offer, including:
- Private health insurance
- Life cover
- Good work life balance
- Bonus scheme, based on performance
- Team socials outside of work
- Relaxed dressed code
If you think this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now!
Job type: Full-time (flexible working options, predominantly remote)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000