Join our thriving, dynamic IT Department as a Business Analyst
An experienced Business Analyst is sought to work within our team to provide requirements analysis for the software development. As a Business Analyst you'll work alongside our Development teams who provide a wide remit of applications to our varied business areas. This includes customer-facing quote & buy journeys for our insurance products, content-managed websites, bespoke internal applications for our claims and policy systems as well as our automation APIs.
You will be responsible for communicating with stakeholders, your team and members of IT to gather and document requirements and ensure the technical members of the team have the information needed to deliver solutions for the business.
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent. The role is hybrid working, likely commutable twice a week to the office.
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Hours: 35-hour week, Monday to Friday. Full-Time, Permanent
- Identify business opportunities for improving processes via technology or process changes
- Liaise with Stakeholders on business needs and objectives and agree scope
- Analyse and document business problems and initiatives creating recommendations and cost benefit analysis.
- Analyse 'as-is' and 'to-be' processes to determine what changes are required
- Assist the Stakeholders in making informed decisions through the development of business cases and gap-analysis documents.
- Define and document detailed functional and non-functional requirements
- Confirming requirements received from the business, manage and participate in calls to deliver solutions.
- Work with solution architects to agree and propose solutions.
- Translate business requirements into user stories
- Assist, facilitate and lead across a range of interactions from meetings, interviews and workshops.
- Create documentation and correspondence that is succinct, accurate and tailored to its audience.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Inquisitive thought process, ability to identify problems and improvements
- Ability to quickly understand various internal/external business and system processes.
- Strong and progressive understanding of the business analysis discipline.
- Ability to provide innovation, value-add and fresh insight.
- Proven ability to review and edit requirements, specifications and business processes.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise workload against a flexible environment.
- Good understanding of the project lifecycle.
- A good understanding of Insurance.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to produce documentation and diagrams
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Analytical and Creative Thinking
- Commercial Focus
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Flexibility and Managing Change
- Motivational with a 'can-do' attitude
- Planning and Prioritisation
- Results Focus
- Team working
- Health care Cash Plan
- 5% Employer pension contributions when contributing 5%
- 25 days Holiday + bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary