Full Time - Permanent - 37.5 Hours/Week
Gerrard White are working with a leading cloud services provider who offer an integrated suite of managed services, from cloud optimisation and application modernisation to networking and self-serve tools to support a range of businesses from SMEs to multi-national corporations.
They are looking for a Project Manager to manage the successful delivery of programmes to time cost and quality measures using appropriate methodologies and industry best practice.
You will lead the development of the programme delivery strategy and assist in the maintaining of standards within the Project Management community and actively implements ways to improve delivery.
Summary of responsibilities
- Develops successful working relationships within and outside of own team.
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proactively manages customer escalations.
- Manages internal and external stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Produces highlight reports and presentations to internal and external customers on project status to aid successful delivery of programme.
- Develops, implements and updates programme resource allocation plans (RBAs), working with Professional Services to confirm staff availability and scheduling.
- Engages and manages resources from all necessary departments, customer and third parties on a matrix management basis.
Organising and Planning
- Works to ensure a positive perception of project and programme management.
- Provides clear direction and focus to programme team addressing areas of ambiguity and uncertainty within the project.
- Leads planning and delivery of medium-high value and medium-high complexity programmes to time, cost and quality measures, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
- Owns, develops, and proactively monitors programme plan.
- Consolidates and documents the fundamental components of programmes (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues, and quality requirements).
- Tightly controls programme scope whilst meeting and managing customers broader expectations within the commercial model.
- Provides assurance and challenge of project plans within programme.
- Responsible for provision and control of programme documentation as a primary reference point for tracking and audit purposes.
- Develops, maintains and applies quality management processes for programme activities and outputs.
- Secures the provision of goods and services needed for programmes from internal and/or external providers, monitoring compliance and managing variance.
- Establishes and maintains governance arrangements for the delivery of programmes, defining clear roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice.
- Establishes and manages programme health check reviews at appropriate points to provide evaluations of progress, risks/issues and ways of working.
- Works with Delivery Support to identify and/or develop frameworks and methodologies that ensure management of programmes is comprehensive and consistent.
- Identify improvement opportunities for delivery and wider processes and ways of working.
- Proactively addressing Lessons Learnt to solve problems at their root cause.
- Identifies, logs and monitors programme risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect the programme.
- Reports and escalates risks as required to appropriate level.
- Works with Service Transition to ensure the timely transition of programme outputs into live services.
- Manages changes to project scope, timeline, budget in a controlled, transparent manner with agreement of customer and relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors programme forecast and actual costs, providing early warning of any deviation.
- Work with Senior Commercial Accountants to ensure timely Revenue booking, accurate cost forecasting and tracking across the programme.
- Assures project and programme forecasts and actual costs, ensuring Project Managers provide early warnings of any deviation.
- Supports major project and programme bids, providing collateral for bid responses, ensuring that the costs of the project and programme deliveries are adequately estimated and budgeted in the business case, and promoting programme management capabilities in customer presentations where requested.
- Works with the Sales & Account Management teams to ensure clean and consistent sales to delivery handovers, ensuring that projects move into delivery at the point at which they are ready to be mobilised.
- Collaborates closely with account teams in identifying opportunities with the customer to add value, increase margin and increase revenue on customers engaged with.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 3 years' Project Management Experience
- Knowledge of using techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programmes, including risk management
- Proven experience in delivering change in multi-site organisations.
- Cost control and budgeting experience
- A track record of managing the delivery of large and complex change programmes/projects