Senior Network Engineer - Global Risk Management Org - Perm - Hybrid with City Base
Join one of the world's leading Risk Management and Insurance Broking organisations as a Senior Network Engineer. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for the L3 design, and implementation of changes, upgrades and diagnosis across the EMEA region of a global organisation. Acting as a technical expert you will respond to incidents, supporting the wider IT Operations and Global Network/Infrastructure teams, to ensure relevant standards and SLA's are met, and Change Control Processes adhered to.
Duties as a Senior Network Engineer:
- L3\L4 Technical fault finding and network incident management
- Support IT colleagues with resolving a mixture of 2nd and 3rd line tickets
- Work on Network Engineering projects from design all the way to implementation and ensure they are delivered in line with global standards
- Provide diagnosis and resolution of network incidents. Ensure resolutions are fit for purpose and implemented in a safe and controlled manner
- Maintain and ensure high levels of network availability and resilience
- Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and company shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business
- Any additional duties & responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken
- Make sure that CMDB (change management database) / documentation is kept up to date and fit for purpose
The Successful Senior Network Engineer
You will be an experienced Network Engineer who MUST be working at L3 standards, with a strong background of Cisco Routing and Switching technology such as IOS (R&S) including switch stacks and Core Switches, and Routers, as well as ideally holding CCNP/CCIE certs.
It is essential that you have a solid background with CISCO wireless technologies and products such as ISE, as well as excellent knowledge of DC stack, ACI/Nexus.
Any hands on experience with Palo Alto Firewalls will be highly advantageous.
You will have worked within a large, complex, enterprise scale organisation which operates 24/7, and have hands on experience network infrastructure based services, including high availability, site security and disaster recovery.
What's on Offer for the successful Senior Network Engineer
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with a good benefits package, bonus, and hybrid working that will see you at home 2 days a week, and in London offices for 3 with occasional UK travel.
The role is a shift based and will rotate within the hours of 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. Some out of hours work can take place out these set hours, e.g. weekends.