Software Development Manager
Portsmouth, Hampshire and remotely from home
An opportunity for a Software Development Team Manager to join a market leading insurance group.
You will lead a vibrant development team in Tunbridge Wells to work with business stakeholders and web application developers to lead efficient development on a range of bespoke business applications for the insurance and claims business areas.
The successful candidate would be responsible for all elements of managing change the team are tasked with delivering on our range of projects and applications for a diverse group of companies, with a particular focus on producing requirements with stakeholders & technical experts to document the solution.
You will be facilitating product deliveries and drive quality within the development team using appropriate agile based methodologies and events. Coach, mentor and help the team to be accountable for themselves and for the commitments they make with a focus on continual improvement.
You will lead and manage the development team which work on multiple projects for the insurance business.
You will need to liaise with stakeholders in order to write functional requirements with the required level of detail.
You will manage the product backlog and organize sprint planning and other development meetings.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Software Development Manager with a background in insurance and some prior experience with agile development, possibly from a previous role in business analysis but with a good understanding of technology and leadership skills.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong Industry awareness
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of current company systems is desirable
- Skilled in MS office suite, including Visio or similar, preparing project plans
- Ability to document accurately business requirements to be easily consumable by developers
- Experience of working with DevOps teams using agile frameworks.
- Financial and Insurance Services experience with business knowledge would be ideal.
- Able to converse with both technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels
- Workshop facilitation skills.
- Solid understanding of development processes, Software Development Lifecycle and User Story creation.
- Experience and demonstrable success in a team lead or supervisory role preferably in a software development team.
- Technical or process background with a good understanding of software development principles and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills are a necessity, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly document business requirements with sufficient detail